Heavy goods lifts featuring through-loading optimise material supply to the final assembly line for BSH Hausgeräte GmbH
In 2016, Lödige Industries installed two through-loading tugger train lifts at the production site of BSH Hausgeräte GmbH in Traunreut. The two reliable and efficient heavy goods lifts serve to optimise the cross-floor material supply of the assembly line.
About the BSH Hausgeräte GmbH production site
BSH Hausgeräte GmbH produces at around 40 manufacturing locations in Europe, the USA, Latin America and Asia. At the production site in Traunreut in southern Germany, the company produces appliances in the cooking manufacturing area. In addition to the development and production of ovens and hobs, the competence centre for small household appliances such as fully automatic coffee machines is also located here.
Increased throughput and reliable material supply to the final assembly line
Production at this location extends over two levels within the building. The supply of material to the final assembly lines uses tugger trains with trailers. Lödige Industries installed two OLYMPUS freight lifts in the concrete shaft of the existing building. The two goods lifts are primarily used to connect the floors for the tugger trains supplying the final assembly lines. The lifts are in highly frequent use and therefore reliability is key in ensuring the continuous supply to and from the final assembly lines.
The installed OLYMPUS goods lifts have a maximum load capacity of up to 8 tonnes. To ensure absolute availability, the drives of the lifts were designed as double aggregates. In case of an unscheduled failure of one unit, the material flow is continued at reduced throughput speed. In this way, a reliable transportation between the floors is made possible and the material supply of the final assembly lines for BSH Hausgeräte GmbH is guaranteed.
The use of the OLYMPUS lifts has increased the efficiency of the material supply to the final assembly lines. With a nominal speed of 0.28 m/s, the lifts enable a throughput rate of 36 trips per hour. The goods to be transported are already picked in the warehouse or the pre-assembly areas and can then be delivered directly to the assembly lines in special containers. Due to their high efficiency and small footprint, the OLYMPUS lifts are the optimal solution for this project.
About BSH Hausgeräte GmbH
With sales of around 13.2 billion euros in 2019 and more than 58,000 employees, BSH Hausgeräte GmbH is a global leader in the household appliance industry. The Group's brand portfolio includes eleven well-known home appliance brands such as Bosch, Siemens, Gaggenau and Neff, as well as the ecosystem brand Home Connect, and three service brands, including Kitchen Stories. BSH produces in 40 factories and is represented in around 50 countries. BSH's aim is to improve people's quality of life around the world with its outstanding brands, high-quality products and first-class solutions.
Facts and figures
Number of stopping points:
Challenges for the material supply of the final assembly lines
- The goal of BSH Hausgeräte GmbH's production in Traunreut was to enable multi-floor production.
- Tugger trains are used to supply materials and products across floors.
- In order to ensure a continuous supply to the final assembly, BSH Hausgeräte GmbH was dependent on a fast, reliable solution for inter-floor transportation.
Reliable and efficient supply of the final assembly lines through route elevators
- By using the OLYMPUS freight lifts, the route lifts can supply the final assembly lines with material across all floors without having to be unloaded and loaded at each level.
- With a maximum load capacity of 8,000 kg and double units in the freight lift drive, the material supply of the final assembly lines for BSH Hausgeräte GmbH is continuously guaranteed.
- Production efficiency has been increased to 36 trips per hour thanks to the goods lifts with a nominal speed of 0.28 m/s.